Pregnancy is a difficult process and as the mother arduous .Hau always be cautious sentiment by little. However, pregnancy is not a “disease”. Therefore, pregnant women can fully exercise and exercise as usual with appropriate exercises. Exercising during pregnancy will help mothers prepare a good health to accompany your baby throughout pregnancy. Here we find out, what benefits exercise has and how you should exercise!
Why is exercise important during pregnancy important?
The biggest question we need to answer is: Why is exercise necessary during pregnancy? What is the benefit of this?
Exercise is an essential activity for everyone. Exercise enhances the metabolism, the activity of the organ systems. In addition, there is a way for you to relieve stress, fight obesity.
For everyone, exercise is important for good health and well-being. As well as during pregnancy, exercise is even more necessary to keep the mother and baby healthy. Exercise will help pregnant women solve many difficulties during pregnancy.
Here is a breakdown of the main benefits of exercise during pregnancy:
1. Improve posture
As pregnancy progresses, your belly gets bigger and bigger. The body’s center of gravity changes as the posture changes, too. But with regular exercise, you can improve your posture and keep your body healthy.
2. Helps relieve back pain and fatigue
Inappropriate posture can cause back pain during pregnancy. The increase in hormones during pregnancy causes fatigue and morning sickness to make the situation worse. Therefore, exercise can prevent or reduce the common discomfort during pregnancy.
3. Relieve stress
Stress is also a common condition during pregnancy. Chronic stress can harm not only you but the fetus as well. Exercise is a great way to get rid of stress and ease your mind.
4. Prevent gestational diabetes
Many women with gestational diabetes get pregnant. They may have some health problems and need to follow a strict diet. If you want to prevent diabetes, exercise is one of the best ways.
5. Reduce the risk of high blood pressure
High blood pressure during pregnancy can be fatal, not only for the mother but also for the baby. High blood pressure can lead to pre-eclampsia, a condition that requires immediate medical attention. One of the best ways to prevent high blood pressure during pregnancy is to exercise.
6. Help get better sleep
Lack of sleep is common in mothers. But insomnia can occur early in pregnancy and make your pregnancy days difficult and stressful. If you want to sleep better, start exercising right away.
7. Making labor easier
Are you worried about the whole process of labor and delivery? Well, start exercising right away! Regular exercise can help you cope with labor and delivery easily.
8. Preventing the risk of Macrosomia in the fetus
If a baby is chubby, it’s cute. However, if the fetus is too big, it will cause difficulty in normal birth and increase the risk of injury during birth. You can regularly exercise to reduce your baby’s risk of developing Macrosomia (babies heavier than average).
Where should not exercise during pregnancy
As mentioned, exercise brings many benefits during pregnancy. But before you start exercising, you should consult your doctor first.
There are several conditions that should not exercise during pregnancy:
- Have asthma
- Have heart disease or diabetes
- Bleeding or threatening miscarriage during pregnancy
- Low placenta
- History of miscarriage
- History of preterm birth or the threat of preterm birth
- Weak cervix
If you have any of the above mentioned problems, do not exercise immediately without consulting your doctor.
What exercises can pregnant women do?
If your doctor allows it, you can start an exercise plan right away. You can completely practice the subjects that you previously loved. Most mothers usually choose the following types:
- Pelvic exercises
For each type of exercise, there will be exercises for pregnant women. Ideally, you should be instructed to work with experts to ensure safety for mothers and babies.
Things that pregnant women should note
Exercising while you are pregnant is a great way to stay fit and healthy. But there are things you should keep in mind when deciding to exercise.
- As your baby grows, your body will need more oxygen and energy. So you need to change a little bit of routine compared to regular exercise.
- During pregnancy, a hormone called relaxin increases in your body. Hormones loosen your joints, leaving you more vulnerable to injury. Careful in practicing movements is essential.
- The balance of the body also varies greatly during pregnancy. That is why it is important to choose exercises that help improve your balance.
- As mentioned earlier, your balance is difficult to achieve during pregnancy. That is why you should exercise on a flat surface.
- When you’re pregnant, your body needs extra calories to support the growing baby. So make sure to add enough calories to your diet to compensate for the energy you burn during exercise.
- Always wear loose and comfortable clothes, including sports bras.
- Shoes can disrupt your exercise routine. So, buy shoes that fit the type of exercise you’re planning to do.
- Do not exercise for at least an hour after eating.
- Drink water all the time.
- Avoid holding your breath during any exercise.
- Do not play contact sports during pregnancy.
- Avoid exercises that require jumping or running.
- Avoid exercising in hot weather.
When should you stop exercising?
Stop exercising immediately and talk to your doctor if you notice any of the following:
- Pain in the chest, abdomen or pelvis
- Persistent headache
- Decreased or no fetal movement
- Feeling tired, lightheaded or nauseous
- Vaginal bleeding
- Leaking of fluid from the vagina
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of the ankles, hands or face
- Calf pain
- Short of breath
- Muscle weakness and difficulty walking
Pregnancy is when your body is busy to nurture a new life. Therefore we must do all we can to help our baby stay strong throughout pregnancy! Besides providing nutrition and adequate knowledge to welcome children, the most important is health. Exercise during pregnancy is the best way to have a healthy pregnancy.